Hi Gang.

Any topic that doesn't fit in the other forums can go here
johnboywalton

Hi Gang.

Postby johnboywalton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:26 pm

:D Hi Gang,
It has been a few years since I last used the Bradford Telescope but I am happy to see that it is still an excellent telescope to use. My name is John and I live in Liverpool in the UK, I am 53 (why do I suddenly feel old?) and to my knowledge I am the only amateur (now that my good friend Patrick Moore has passed) in the Royal Astronomical Society. I first used this telescope many years ago when it was a free service but the small fee is not only one the cheapest on the net, but is the best value for money out there.
I have just taken my first picture using the telescope and, after a bit of adjustment to bring out the finer details in the galaxy, my first picture is one I am extremely happy with. Let me know what you think!
I look forward to getting to know you all soon.
Thanks
John.
Last edited by johnboywalton on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garypoyner

Re: Hi Gang.

Postby garypoyner » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi John,

Welcome to the BRT (again).

There are many amateurs in the RAS - myself included - and a few of them use the BRT for various projects.

We didn't get to see your attached image.

Gary

johnboywalton

Re: Hi Gang.

Postby johnboywalton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:27 pm

:D Thanks for the reply and the info Gary!
It's nice to know that there are some more amateurs in the RAS, I look forward to chatting a lot more as timegoes by!
John.

Return to “General”