Milky Way Galaxy

General astronomy discussion
ufoken

Milky Way Galaxy

Postby ufoken » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:03 am

Around a month ago Ed, who is one of the people at Bradford Robotic Telescope, posted on his blog that he would like to see someone patch together photos of the entire Milky Way Galaxy because he has never seen it done before with this telescope. So after around a month of getting photos and patching them together (putting the same stars on top of separate photos), I have completed it. There are some small areas that aren't visible because I thought that too many photos would make it look worse. The photo on the very left side also doesn't have near as many stars as the one next to it because it's close to the horizon I believe. I used my trusty free star program called Stellarium to get the star names and coordinates for each photo. Thank you Ed for this idea, I've wanted to do something like this for most of my life. Comments are welcome. Here it is:

http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/ufoken/media/Astronomy/CompleteMilkyWay-BradfordRoboticTelescope-PutTogetherByKennethGreen-2014-JPG-3_zpsac0a9458.jpg.html

-Kenneth Green

Sj50

Re: Milky Way Galaxy

Postby Sj50 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Ken, that shows it well. Well done on completing that task

ufoken

Postby ufoken » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:04 am

Thanks sj50! I need to start thinking of a new task I am able to do. :)

Jose1212Sam

Postby Jose1212Sam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Nice view of the milky way.

tellidde4

Postby tellidde4 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:16 am

Does anyone know why the link i try to paste here doesn't like show up like an image???I hate adding long ugly looking links. Any instructions? Im new, nd clumsy sorry ! :o

Ed
Site Admin

Postby Ed » Wed May 13, 2015 9:19 am

If you're trying to display an image from somewhere else on the web you need to do this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.yoursite.com/yourimages.jpg[/img]

You can add an image from your hard drive to your post by adding an 'attachment' underneath the box where you write your post.

Ed

Return to “Astronomy”