Open University Astronomy Course

General astronomy discussion
grendel

Open University Astronomy Course

Postby grendel » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:42 pm

I have just signed up to the Open University Introducing Astronomy Course (S194) Whilst I do own several telescopes, none are really set up or usable for imageing, so I am hoping to use my images from this site to add some detail to my work for the course.
Has anyone else here done any of the open University Astronomy courses?
If so are there any helpful tips you can pass my way.
Grendel

talysarn

Re: Open University Astronomy Course

Postby talysarn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

About twenty years ago I did the "Introducton to Astronomy" (after all this time I forget the course number).
I found it an excellent course then and I am sure that you will appreciate what must be a much more
up-to-date version. I did this course as a component of an Honours Degree mainly mathematically based
but with some physics and astronomy. The course I mentioned was the only astronomy course offered
then. You do not mention if you are doing this as a stand-alone course or as part of an OU programme
of stude. If you have no previous OU experience the best tips I can give yoe are to keep in touch with your
tutor and to keep up to date with the work.

Alex

grendel

Postby grendel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:06 pm

I am starting off with this course as a stand alone with possible progress through the astronomy course to get a certain level of knowledge, how far will I get, who knows.
Grendel

talysarn

Postby talysarn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Best of luck - I'd be interested to hear how you get on and what you think of the course.

arslan1

Postby arslan1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 am

About twenty years ago I did the "Introducton to Astronomy" (after all this time I forget the course number).
I found it an excellent course then and I am sure that you will appreciate what must be a much more
up-to-date version. I did this course as a component of an Honours Degree mainly mathematically based
but with some physics and astronomy

Return to “Astronomy”