Can't look at Job queue

Any topics discussing the telescope.org website
eris

Can't look at Job queue

Postby eris » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello,

I just signed up for a free account. I think it's disappointing that the only way to get to know any fees is to sign up. No mention of them anywhere, unless you are signed in.

Now, I'd like to look at the job queue to determine if it's worth spending the monthly fee, i.e. how long I will have to wait on average for my job to be processed.

I'd also like to know what resolution the images are. Are they 1024x1024?

Ed
Site Admin

Re: Can't look at Job queue

Postby Ed » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi eris, and welcome to telescope.org

eris wrote:I think it's disappointing that the only way to get to know any fees is to sign up.

It's on the home page and the features page. Are you saying you'd have liked to see it during the sign-up process?

eris wrote:Now, I'd like to look at the job queue to determine if it's worth spending the monthly fee, i.e. how long I will have to wait on average for my job to be processed.

The average return time is just under 2 weeks. It seems like a long wait, but can have 10 requests waiting with a basic account, so if your requests are the same as the average request, you can expect 20 images back per month. If you order popular objects, well positioned in the sky, you can get a better return rate still.

eris wrote:I'd also like to know what resolution the images are. Are they 1024x1024?

That is correct.

Ed

Return to “Website”