Starting our suggestions

Any topics discussing the telescope.org website
lohit

Starting our suggestions

Postby lohit » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey,

I just signed up for the website. Though I am very interested and intrigued in the field of astronomy, I am inexperienced. What all do you suggest I read up before I start using the telescope? Is there any guide or tutorial which might be useful in this as well?

Thanks
lohit

mikaselm

Re: Starting our suggestions

Postby mikaselm » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:15 am

Don't know if this will still be helpful or not, since it's been a while since you posted, but the thing that I found most helpful was watching the job que and seeing what others were requesting, and checking out the gallery to see what setitngs others had used. I was able to learn a lot that way, and it was a lot easier than trying to find information generally online and trying to translate it to the settings that I'd need to use on the site.

Hope it's helpful,

Mika

Telemaster

Postby Telemaster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Hey I'm also a complete beginner and I'm learning the way mikaselm mentioned. This forum has a lot of very interesting posts by people that you can learn a lot from. Unfortunately I can see the forum isn't very active recently, but it's still a great repository of knowledge :o
Last edited by Telemaster on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed
Site Admin

Postby Ed » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi Telemaster and welcome.

Things are a bit quiet right now as the telescope is offline. This should change in the not so distant future!

Return to “Website”