A bit quiet

Technical Support for the BRT telescope and website
David Conner

A bit quiet

Postby David Conner » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi,

Not a lot seemed to be happening for at least the first couple of hours last night. The weather reports were good and the skycams were showing stars, but no imaging as far as the rtd was indicating.

David Conner.

David Conner

Re: A bit quiet

Postby David Conner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:45 am

I saw the 10s/20s/40s cycle on all three cameras, then one image was taken. This then sat there until the next 10s/20s/40s ran and it was downloaded. Another image was then taken which then sat there, etc. (Not a lot on tely last night :roll: )

David.

dan

Re: A bit quiet

Postby dan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:17 pm

I believe that I have found and fixed this problem now. It would appear that there was an error in the exception handling code in a function which is used to set the dome Az offset. This code blocks the dome object tracking by locking the tracking mutex whilst making the offset adjustment. The exception handler in the Az offset function incorrectly by-passed the unlocking of this mutex. At the end of imaging a job we turn off the dome tracking. I think that it was in this code that the system got stuck trying to stop the tracking.

I have made changes to the exception handler which I believe will prevent this problem from happening again. We'll be keeping an eye on the logs though to ensure that this fix has worked.

Dan

Return to “Technical Support”