We got back from the mountain last week, however you might have noticed that pointing is still not improved. We have:
- Degreased and cleaned the gears
- Cleaned out the homing sensor
- Replaced the dec worm
- Regreased the system
- Correctly tensioned the belts
- Tried adjusting the mount config at the suggestion of Software Bisque
- Done several polar alignments and mapping runs
- Tightened the optics
But none of these have had any noticeable effect. With no more ideas and with all other maintenance completed, there was little point staying on the mountain longer scratching our head. The mount seems well and truly unfixable at this point. We are embarking on a software fix instead while we consider our options.
More news to follow shortly.