Welcome To The Forum

Technical Support for the BRT telescope and website
Chris
Site Admin

Welcome To The Forum

Postby Chris » Tue May 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum for the Bradford Robotic Telescope.

Feel free to discuss anything to do with the system, astronomy, website etc. but there a few restrictions that you should know about. These arise for two reasons: Firstly, we do a great deal of work with school pupils, so posts must be suitable for younger audience. For the same reason, avatars are currently disallowed. Secondly, in order to prevent the deluge of spam which caused the last forum to be removed and to ensure suitable content for minors, all posts will need approval from a board administrator before they will be shown. The administrators on this board are Chris, Dan, James and Scott and you can email any of them on name at telescope dot org. If you are posting about a specific job, or you can give an example for a particular issue, please post the job number e.g. J1234 so that we can deal with it as quickly as possible.

Right, that’s all the horrible stuff out of the way - hopefully this board will become a useful resource for the thousands of people who use the BRT.

Have fun, and happy posting!

grendel

Re: Welcome To The Forum

Postby grendel » Wed May 14, 2008 7:57 am

Chris
would it be an idea to promote the forum on the login page, as I only just refound it more or less by accicdent, for a long time the links were dead due to all that spamming of the old iteration of the forum, so I guess quite a few of those users dont bother to check any more and havent found that the forum is back up and running.
Grendel

Robin

Postby Robin » Thu May 15, 2008 7:05 am

Good work on the new forum and nice to see it back. Agree with grendel that it needs a bit of promotion.

Regards
Robin

MrGray

Postby MrGray » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:38 am

Hi,

Read the update since I was last here.

I would be interested in being a mentor for a student with an astronomy project! I cant promise alot of time but who knows!

I am familiar with most software and have my own 10inch SCT which I need to get operating again.

One of my interests was asteroid occultations in collaboration with amateur radio operators, which I also am. Now with the internet this would be interesting.

Thanks !

Mr Gray

qigrisu

Postby qigrisu » Fri May 09, 2014 5:34 pm

I am brand new, both to astronomy as a hobby and to this board.

But I too am a ham KB1UAJ, so I thought I would say hello to you. (In New Hampshire,Technician Class.) And I am retired so I have a bit more time now to learn and get involved a bit. Been putting off astronomy for last since there is "so much" to learn!

I bought an Orion 80 mm refactor on eBay (used), it arrived in good condition, and I have had an opportunity without clouds to look at the sky.

This scope shows most heavenly bodies as points of light, so I was wondering at around what "mm" of aperture and magnification level will be required if you want to see more detail, such as the rings and surface of planets? I was able to locate and see the fuzzy objects in M2 by finding Ursa Major (The Plough). It has whetted my appetite already to "get closer"!

I did find a moon filter in the box from the ebay seller, so I guess next stop is the "moon".

73's

Rick :)

drifterg11

Postby drifterg11 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Chris wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forum for the Bradford Robotic Telescope.

Feel free to discuss anything to do with the system, astronomy, website etc. but there a few restrictions that you should know about. These arise for two reasons: Firstly, we do a great deal of work with school pupils, so posts must be suitable for younger audience. For the same reason, avatars are currently disallowed. Secondly, in order to prevent the deluge of spam which caused the last forum to be removed and to ensure suitable content for minors, all posts will need approval from a board administrator before they will be shown. The administrators on this board are Chris, Dan, James and Scott and you can email any of them on name at telescope dot org. If you are posting about a specific job, or you can give an example for a particular issue, please post the job number e.g. J1234 so that we can deal with it as quickly as possible.

Right, that’s all the horrible stuff out of the way - hopefully this board will become a useful resource for the thousands of people who use the BRT.

Have fun, and happy posting!

Hi, new to the hobby and looking for folks with similar interests. Been a lurker mostly and just recently decided to join in on the fun. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Return to “Technical Support”